- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb plant-based “meat”
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 2/3 tsp chili powder
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup GOOD PLANeT Cheddar Shreds
- 8 mini taco sized tortillas
- 8 hard taco shells
- plant-based ranch dressing
- 2 cups shredded romaine lettuce
- Toppings such as fresh cilantro, lies, purple cabbage, and hot sauce for serving
MADE WITH GOOD PLANeT
Preheat oven to 400º F
In a large skillet, heat olive oil over high heat. Once oil simmers, add ground “meat” and onion. Cook until meat is browned. Add the chili powder, paprika, cumin, garlic powder, red pepper flakes, oregano, and salt. Add ¾ cup of water. Reduce heat to medium and simmer until the sauce thickens, about ten minutes. Keep warm over low heat.
Lay flour tortillas flat on 2 baking sheets. Evenly divide the cheddar shreds between each tortilla. Bake 2-5 minutes, until the cheese is melted.
Add the hard shells to each tortilla, pressing one side of the shell into the cheese. Bake another 2-3 minutes.
Fold the remaining cheesy side onto the hard shell, pressing the shell into the cheese.
Spoon the meat into each shell. Top with ranch, lettuce, cabbage, and a sprinkle of cheddar shreds.