- 1 Tbsp avocado oil, or any neutral oil
- 8 oz plant-based chick’n pieces
- 1 tsp kosher salt, plus more to taste
- 1 tsp fresh ground black pepper, plus more to taste
- 1 Tbsp plant-based butter
- 1 cup diced red onion, plus more for garnish
- 1 cup diced celery
- 5 cloves minced garlic
- 2 cups uncooked macaroni noodles
- 2 ½ cup extra creamy unsweetened and unflavored plant-based milk, divided
- 6 GOOD PLANeT Pepper Jack wedges
- 1 (7 oz) wheel GOOD PLANeT Real Smoked Cheddar, shredded
- ½ cup plant-based buffalo sauce
- Plant-based ranch, for garnish
- Minced chives, for garnish
MADE WITH GOOD PLANeT
Pepper Jack Snackable Wedges
Smoked Cheddar Wheel
Heat the avocado oil in a large pot over medium heat. Once the oil is hot, add the chick’n, season with salt and pepper, and cook, stirring often, until the chick’n pieces are heated through and slightly crisped around the edges, 4 to 5 minutes. Transfer the chick’n pieces to a plate and set aside.
In the same pot over medium heat, add the plant-based butter. Once the butter has melted, add the red onion, celery, and garlic. Cook, stirring often, until the onion is translucent, and the garlic is fragrant, 2 to 3 minutes. Pour in the uncooked macaroni noodles and 1 cup of the plant-based milk, and stir until most of the liquid has absorbed, 5 to 6 minutes.
Pour in another cup of the plant-based milk and continue to simmer, while stirring, until most of the liquid has absorbed, another 5 to 6 minutes. Reduce the heat to low and repeat with the remaining ½ cup of milk.
Add the pepper jack wedges and smoked cheddar to the pot and stir until all the cheese melts, to create a cheese sauce, 1 to 2 minutes. Add the reserved chick’n pieces and buffalo sauce and give it another stir until fully incorporated.
Serve with plant-based ranch, diced red onion, and minced chives. ENJOY!
Thanks to @eat_figs_not_pigs for this delicious recipe!