- 12 oz dried macaroni
- 1 ½ cups plant-based mayonnaise
- ½ cup of the juice from a can of pineapple tidbits, plus the pineapples, divided
- 3 Tbsp white vinegar
- 1 tsp kosher salt, plus more to taste
- 1 tsp fresh ground black pepper, plus more to taste
- 1 Tbsp avocado oil
- 12 oz plant-based hot dog, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup diced red onion
- 1 cup diced carrots
- ½ cup raisins
- 1 package (7 oz) GOOD PLANeT Foods Real Smoked Cheddar wheel, shredded, divided
MADE WITH GOOD PLANeT
Smoked Cheddar Wheel
Cook the macaroni according to package direction. Drain, but do not rinse. Transfer the macaroni to a large bowl.
Place the plant-based mayonnaise, pineapple juice, vinegar, salt and pepper in a separate bowl, whisking until combined. Taste and adjust seasonings if necessary. Toss half the sauce with the noodles and set aside.
Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Once the oil is hot, add the hot dogs and cook, stirring often, until the hot dog pieces are heated through and slightly crisp around the edges, 6 to 8 minutes.
Transfer the cooked hot dogs to the large bowl along with the bell pepper, onion, carrots, reserved pineapple tidbits, raisins, remaining sauce, and 1 ½ cup of the shredded GOOD PLANeT cheese. Toss to combine, cover with cling wrap and place in the refrigerator to cool for an hour.
To serve, top the Filipino Macaroni Salad with the remaining shredded cheese, and enjoy!
Thanks to @eat_figs_not_pigs for this delicious recipe!