- 1 Tbsp plant-based butter or olive oil
- 1 cup diced onion, about 1 small
- 1 cup diced celery, about 2 stalks
- 1 cup diced carrots, about 3 medium
- 3 cups vegetable stock
- 3 cups cubed Russet potatoes (1/4-1/2 inch), about 2 large
- 3 cups chopped broccoli florets, about 3 heads
- 2 cups GOOD PLANeT Cheddar Shreds (1 8oz bag)
- Salt & Pepper to taste
MADE WITH GOOD PLANeT
Heat butter or oil in a large pot over medium low heat. Add onion and stir often for 5 minutes. Add celery and carrots and cook for another 5 minutes, stirring often.
Pour in vegetable stock and potatoes. Cover pot and bring to a boil over medium high heat.
Once boiling, reduce heat to medium low and let simmer until potatoes break easily with the back of a spatula, about 45 minutes.
Add broccoli and simmer for about 5 minutes, or until broccoli is tender.
Reduce heat to low and slowly sprinkle in GOOD PLANeT Cheddar Shreds while stirring. Set aside a few sprinkles of cheese for serving.
Once the cheese has melted, season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve warm, topped with extra cheddar.